The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparel. I can't even buy a tee shirt that says Lotus on it unless I want some boot leg crap off of eBay.

On the exceptionally rare time they do offer something on their web site, its either sold out or (as is usually the case ) really ugly.

WTF? How hard is it to make a t-shirt or a hat with a friggen Lotus logo???

This is what they offer on their web site today -

Wow, that screams Lotus. The awesomeness is incredible.

They need to either hire someone or license somebody to make up a bunch of different shirts and hats.

For comparison...

National Corvette Museum Store - Product Catalog

National Corvette Museum Store - Product Catalog

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
+1 lotus does not seem too interested in the clothing business.

I remember one member on here a while ago had a petition going to let lotus use their logo on some shirt designs he had... his designs were f-ing awesome!!! I asked him if he would sell me some "one off" shirts, but he didn't want to get sued by lotus for some reason. :shrug:

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Theres way more going on here. Many of us have contacted Lotus about licensing products to sell.

The problem is that they only want to deal with one vendor who needs to handle everything from key chains to t-shirts. With the limited market no one wants to do this.

If they would just allow licensing for someone who does T-shirts (or even multiple people) they would sell a lot of stuff. Many companies do this, they just don't have their Sh*t together when it comes to licensing.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Yes, Robbie tried to go about it "legally".
He would of had to sell tens of thousands of shirts to make a profit. I think their was also a yearly renewal and something like 30% commission.

Their offerings to indeed blow massively.

Some guys sell a few shirts here and there "underground" but you have to know who to ask or what event to show up at to find some stuff layed out on a table.

I don't get it. There is clearly a demand. It clearly isn't filled. They seem to have no interest in offering anything. On the rare event you do see a size XXL polo shirt collecting dust and faded from the sun it would need to be a large color blind man over 60 that would actually wear it. They need a marketing manager. They already have a distribution method through the dealer network. Lotus: If you are listening I'm more than happy to fill the spot and already have plenty of contacts to get it done. I'll work on no salary and a simple commission of all product sold. :) Surely there is an open cubicle at LCU in my own backyard.

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
I don't guarantee you'll like any of it, but Classic Team Lotus, Clive Chapman's operation, has a bunch of shirts and jackets and hats.

I have several hats. They're very high quality.

Classic Team Lotus

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I spoke to my friend at the Corvette Museum, he said there are over 200 companies licensed to produce Corvette items. Everything from shirts and hats, to seat covers and license plate frames.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
you didn't ask.......... very nice high quality tee shirts at: Store

·
Registered
263 Posts
+1

been looking for some good quality Lotus apparel and/or accessories and they seem to be few and far between :(

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
At the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix, there was a company there selling T-shirts (and other shirts) with Lotus emblems. I just looked, and the brand is "Port & Company." I bought the shirt for $10, which I thought was a great deal. You guys might want to contact them.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts

Wow, that screams Lotus. The awesomeness is incredible.
...that shirt is all about better performance through light weight - the buttons tear free sooooooo smoothly and it negotiates curves like nothing else you've ever worn...

·
Registered
9,273 Posts
I print shirts on the side. This is how I like to kind of say "Lotus" without the issues:

That could just as easily be a "ScotAsh Limited" or a "Green-Works" shirt, to name a few.

When worn by an individual, the wearer could be mistaken for, say, John Eversley, or Zulfiqar Ali :shrug:.

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
That could just as easily be a "ScotAsh Limited" or a "Green-Works" shirt, to name a few.

When worn by an individual, the wearer could be mistaken for, say, John Eversley, or Zulfiqar Ali :shrug:.
Don't forget:

JCB Backhoe Loader Business Unit
Motorola Point to Point Fixed Wireless Solutions Group
Quest Personal Care Global Limited (diapers. really.)
Eurobuns Ltd
Downhole Products Plc

·
Registered
260 Posts
Don't forget:

JCB Backhoe Loader Business Unit
Motorola Point to Point Fixed Wireless Solutions Group
Quest Personal Care Global Limited (diapers. really.)
Eurobuns Ltd
Downhole Products Plc
All the things the queen thinks are excellent I guess. I think the logo looks cool.

qu1Z, I don't get the K-mart comment. :shrug:

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
My dealer (SVAG), sent me a Lotus knit Polo shirt with the purchase of my Exige back in May of 06. It's pretty nice. Dunno if I've ever seen one before.
Cheers,
Skottoman

1 - 20 of 20 Posts