The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's another time killer thread, in what way do you think you are obsessing about the Elise? Here's an example I pointed out to my wife yesterday...

Look honey, junior's toy comes in Ardent Red, Saffron Yellow, Aubergine Purple, Krypton Green, Laser Blue and Chrome Orange!

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
When you buy the car cover long before you have the car because you know when the cars start to arrive the dealers will be out of the car covers:cool:

How many of you are going to buy your covers today:clap:

Attachments

·
Registered
758 Posts
Patricko said:
When you buy the car cover long before you have the car because you know when the cars start to arrive the dealers will be out of the car covers:cool:

How many of you are going to buy your covers today:clap:
That's normal. Obsessing would be knitting a car cover.

·
Registered
724 Posts
i just repainted my dining room after laying slate tile on the floor (i tend to get restless when waiting for things) i look at the walls and realize i have painted my dining room orange actually its called carmelized orange im not sure but i think it means something. by the way my wifes thrilled & yes i will be repainting (probably green and yellow)

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Maybe when you have a model of the Elise on your desk at work, on your desk at home, another in the bedroom a poster on the wall at work, an enlarged line drawing of the internals of the Elise posted on the wall in the garage.......the list goes on.
Obsessed, no I'm not obsessed.
Are we there yet?

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
zOOmz said:
oh wait..! I am not even on a waiting list..! :eek:
That is not obsession, that is madness-eek- :crazyeyes

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
zOOmz said:
Actually, I am just here for comic relief.. Kind of like an Elise USO for weary waiters..

There is a method to my madness.. ;)
Looking for the weak minded that might be prone to sell shortly after buying I'll bet. You might have a long wait ahead of you if you're holding out for white tho.:)

·
Registered
305 Posts
Possible T-shirt?

If there are enough entries in this thread, maybe somebody will get industrious and make up T-shirts with them all printed on it. It's been done before.

Of course, one of the reasons listed on the shirt might be:

(You know you're obsessing about the Elise when...) you print up a bunch of T-shirts saying "You know you're obsessing about the Elise when..."

·
Registered
758 Posts
Thats a great T-shirt idea. But you'll have to make them from helium filled, dual-ply aluminium foil to reduce weight.

·
Registered
980 Posts
I am in the finance dept. at a dealership and I find myself saying elise instead of saying a lease. I have done this about 3 times now. :D

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I'm not obsessed with the Elise I can stop thinking about it any time I want to, I just don't want to. Yea that's it I just don't want to, so there. But I could stop if I wanted. Maybe it's you that are obsessed for implying that I am obsessed, yea that's it your obsessed, not me!

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
my 3 year old daughter says to me almost every night before going to bed "can we see the 2 boys in the green car driving real fast?"...she is referring to Jeremy Clarkson and the chassis boy from Norfolk tossing around the racing green 111s...she laughs when Jeremy says "was it a beetle or a spider?"...as pathetic as this is, we watch alot of elise videos on my computer every night...some quality time..:)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Obsession? Ahem.

No not here.

I have a baby due in November and just about have the wife convinced in using Elise for her name.

A MIDDLE name, my wife knows me too well and doesn't want the kid to get wise to it later in life...

So i guess I could argue that I will have the first Legal *2004* Model Elise in the U.S. at least until someone else pops my bubble.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Mid-winter, 1 inch of snow, driving open roof?

Driving from Stuttgart, Germany to Milan,Italy through the mountains on a hot summer day in less than 5 hours?

Building a special helicopter holder so I can use the Lotus instead of the Audi when I drive to the flying field?

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Re: Obsession? Ahem.

jsfarmer said:
No not here.

I have a baby due in November and just about have the wife convinced in using Elise for her name.

A MIDDLE name, my wife knows me too well and doesn't want the kid to get wise to it later in life...

So i guess I could argue that I will have the first Legal *2004* Model Elise in the U.S. at least until someone else pops my bubble.
LOL. I met someone at Tahoe who's daughter was named after the car and their daughter does know why.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts