Registered
4,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... you have the following conversation with a teenager:

Me: Hey.
Kid: Hey, umm is this your car?
Me: Yep.
Kid: Lotus Elise, right?
Me: Yeah, it's a first year car... 2005.
Kid: Man, this thing is dirty.
Me: Yeah I know, it has sh*t all over it; I'll wash it eventually.
Kid: No umm dirty means like, awesome.
Me: :huh: Oh.
Kid: Can I watch you drive off?
Me: Yeah if you want.

This is the first time I've been made to feel totally over the hill by a kid. :eek:

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
When I first had my Porsche Turbo (1995), I was backing into the parking garage in downtown NYC (to avoid scraping the exhaust on the driveway)... and I had to wait for two twenty-somethings to pass behind me. One said to the other: "Yo, dat thing is Phat!"... I thought they were commenting on the width of the widebody... :shrug:

·
shay2nak
25,171 Posts
Never heard of it used like that. The kid's makin sh*t up. LOL

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Never heard of it used like that. The kid's makin sh*t up. LOL
I checked urbandictionary.com and saw an entry that confirmed this bizarre lingo. rotfl

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,889 Posts
Are you sure that young person wasn't mentally challenged?

·
Registered
965 Posts
You old warts need to get with the times! Dirty = Ill, sick, frickin sweet, etc yo.
Listen to 'Ridin Dirty' by Chamillionaire, that'll get you into what "These young whippersnappers" are talking about :rolleyes:

I don't know how many Klingons have been killed in the original Star Trek though, so most of you probably have me there...

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
dirty? really? must be a boston thing :shrug:

i'm 21 and has never heard that before...i've heard ill, sick, phat, bomb...never dirty.

I've heard riding dirty, but thats different to what he meant to you.

·
Premium Member
12,195 Posts
when you sound like a bowl of rice krispies when you enter and exit your elise....rotfl
sam, 77 Y.O.
:up:

and, when you make an involuntary noise doing so. (alas...)

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I don't know how many Klingons have been killed in the original Star Trek though, so most of you probably have me there...
I don't know how many were killed but I know that the Romulens circled Ur anus and removed a lot of Klingons! rotfl

·
Registered
965 Posts
I don't know how many were killed but I know that the Romulens circled Ur anus and removed a lot of Klingons! rotfl
You put em there in the first place. rotfl
Jk, but I'm saying people who don't know the secondary meaning of "dirty" probably know a lot about other cool stuff, like Star Trek with William Shatner, and I respect that. That's all. -poke-

1 - 20 of 38 Posts