Registered
4,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... you have the following conversation with a teenager:

Me: Hey.
Kid: Hey, umm is this your car?
Me: Yep.
Kid: Lotus Elise, right?
Me: Yeah, it's a first year car... 2005.
Kid: Man, this thing is dirty.
Me: Yeah I know, it has sh*t all over it; I'll wash it eventually.
Kid: No umm dirty means like, awesome.
Me: :huh: Oh.
Kid: Can I watch you drive off?
Me: Yeah if you want.

This is the first time I've been made to feel totally over the hill by a kid. :eek:

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Geez, I must be old, too.... if someone tell me my car's dirty, I'd think I need to wash it. :)

(by the way, I'm 28)

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
Geez, I must be old, too.... if someone tell me my car's dirty, I'd think I need to wash it. :)

(by the way, I'm 28)
The word "dirty" used anywhere near you has nothing to do with actual dirt.

Can one be a "dirty old man" at a meager 28 years?

-poke-

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
When I first had my Porsche Turbo (1995), I was backing into the parking garage in downtown NYC (to avoid scraping the exhaust on the driveway)... and I had to wait for two twenty-somethings to pass behind me. One said to the other: "Yo, dat thing is Phat!"... I thought they were commenting on the width of the widebody... :shrug:

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
Never heard of it used like that. The kid's makin sh*t up. LOL

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Never heard of it used like that. The kid's makin sh*t up. LOL
I checked urbandictionary.com and saw an entry that confirmed this bizarre lingo. rotfl

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,683 Posts
Are you sure that young person wasn't mentally challenged?

·
Registered
963 Posts
You old warts need to get with the times! Dirty = Ill, sick, frickin sweet, etc yo.
Listen to 'Ridin Dirty' by Chamillionaire, that'll get you into what "These young whippersnappers" are talking about :rolleyes:

I don't know how many Klingons have been killed in the original Star Trek though, so most of you probably have me there...

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
when you sound like a bowl of rice krispies when you enter and exit your elise....rotfl
sam, 77 Y.O.

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
dirty? really? must be a boston thing :shrug:

i'm 21 and has never heard that before...i've heard ill, sick, phat, bomb...never dirty.

I've heard riding dirty, but thats different to what he meant to you.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
dirty? really? must be a boston thing :shrug:

i'm 21 and has never heard that before...i've heard ill, sick, phat, bomb...never dirty.

I've heard riding dirty, but thats different to what he meant to you.
I'm with ya. I'm 23 and never heard "dirty" used in that context.

·
Premium Member
12,002 Posts
when you sound like a bowl of rice krispies when you enter and exit your elise....rotfl
sam, 77 Y.O.
:up:

and, when you make an involuntary noise doing so. (alas...)

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I don't know how many Klingons have been killed in the original Star Trek though, so most of you probably have me there...
I don't know how many were killed but I know that the Romulens circled Ur anus and removed a lot of Klingons! rotfl

·
Registered
963 Posts
I don't know how many were killed but I know that the Romulens circled Ur anus and removed a lot of Klingons! rotfl
You put em there in the first place. rotfl
Jk, but I'm saying people who don't know the secondary meaning of "dirty" probably know a lot about other cool stuff, like Star Trek with William Shatner, and I respect that. That's all. -poke-

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 38 Posts