The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
07 Exige S
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If your smarter than me. It won't be looking for it at 3AM and have to have your car Flatbed home...

I bottomed out showboating before the TN Alabama game today. That switch was moved a little and just could not find it. Took me 30 minutes in daylight this morning and fired right up.

All said and done prob best the car decided not to play anymore:no: the way I was driving last night !

That inertia switch did it's job ! Go VOLS ! gonna be slaughtered today:(

·
Registered
322 Posts
Where is the switch? Also, does it act like a kill switch when it sees too many g's? Lastly, how do you reset it?

Thanks. :popcorn:

·
Registered
07 Exige S
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There were tons of threads on where it is and what it does. Basically cuts off fuel to the pump, but I think it cuts the pump off cause you won't hear it whirl up when you turn ignition on, that and the car just turns and turns over with no sputter no nada. No fuel...

As I said I looked at plenty of diagrams, but mine was really coverd by a wiring harness perfectly and the area it was supposed to be it was not. I don't know if catch cans install moved it or not. My fear is given my car was evidently a tracktoy early in it's life it might have been removed as a mod.

Like I said know where it is in stead of just knowing it exists... pissed me off to no end last night, knowing I was likely a single click away from getting on with my kick ass evening instead of going home in shame on a flatbed !!!

I got to showboat today, but Alabama still gonna put the Smack on UT !:thwack:

·
Registered
471 Posts
I just took a screen shot of that sandsmuseum description and diagram incase i am ever stranded in the boonies and forget:eek:

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
Had mine go off twice from curbs on track before we jumped it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts