The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Scotty... what happened here to you and stan (and 2 others who I could not ID)? My buddy sent me this.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y3NNYsv8n5I"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y3NNYsv8n5I" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
:wallbang:

stefs narration is kinda embarrassing! keep in mind, by that point i was spent and past frustrated! and everything was just so aggravating all i could do was laugh! im still surprised the car did not go up in flames! melted the cat and stage 2... car was towed three times in two days.

thanks 30mpg, and others, for your help that day. one of my worst lotus days.

hind sight, kinda funny! my car was shot, mis firing cylinder 3 and shooting sparks and fire out the back. 30 mpg, pulled in behind and acted as a orange traffic cone with hazards on.(batteries died!) at some point a cop pulled up behind him. then both the yellow and white car met up with us and could not fix my car. in doing so they both were so low on fuel that the slant of the run off was enough that there cars could not start. fun times!

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Yeah, sounds like rob and stef. Was this from today? Man, I miss all the fun. What the heck happened?

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
i edited post above..

its not every day you come across 4 broken lotus. if i remember correctly, our debacle almost caused three other accidents as people were rubber necking.

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
Who's who?

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
DON'T PUSH ON THE WINDSHIELD FRAME! :thwack:
I almost had a heart attack when I saw that.

I was also wondering how many times he was going to set off the alarm. What a goof. rotfl

I can't say anything about running out of gas as there are a couple of members here who had to help me to a gas station last summer. :eek:

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
30npg is in green shirt pushing the car in the beginning. stef is the one with extra batterers rotfl im the slightly over weight one with the light gray shirt

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
I have a sharp grade at work that I park on, and if I'm down to a bar, and the passenger side is lower than the drivers, no fual pickup. You learn to park driver's side lower when you do this. Then you have no issues.

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
I don't think that cop will be singing the praises of our little cars. All he knows is that 3 out of 4 Lotuses are likely to fail on a simple Sunday drive.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have a sharp grade at work that I park on, and if I'm down to a bar, and the passenger side is lower than the drivers, no fual pickup. You learn to park driver's side lower when you do this. Then you have no issues.
I parked on a steep hill with 2 solid bars and no dice... learned quickly to fill at 2.5 bars which means every 150 miles.

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Stan and I were on a long drive and were heading to 30mpg's for a BBQ. We then got a frantic call from 30mpg that Rob's car broke down and they couldn't figure out what to do. Well we found them and pulled over on the side of the road to help out. That's what car guys do!

Both of us were down to 1 bar of fuel, so when we shut off the engines on the grade, the fuel pump couldn't pick up any more fuel. Hence the need to push the cars to a level area to start them up again. This happened on the side of the Merit Parkway, where there is no breakdown lane and traffic usually flows at 70-75 mph. The cop showed up just because he was worried about someone hitting us. Really nice guy. I would have loved to read his report.

As for my alarm, I was having an issue with it during that time. Turned out the wring harness was never completely plugged into the alarm brain. Easy fix. TADTS

Steph, Rob's girlfriend was pissed because of all the trouble Rob had with the car. Turns out he had a bent pin in the ECU and a broken clip on the connector.

Well we all got to 30mpg's and then chowed down on some great BBQ. This happened quite some time ago. I think it was 2006.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts