The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Elise is quite a small car but there are some smaller. Look here.

Attachments

·
Banned
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
another

By the way this car does 0-60 in 4 seconds flat and the quarter mile in 12 sec at 120 mph.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
My friend in Japan drives a Honda Beat. Not sure if it's smaller than the Elise, but it's VERY cool. When I rode in it, I just wanted to put it in my pocket and take it home.

·
Banned
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
one more at an autocross

one more

Attachments

·
Registered
645 Posts
pinmagic said:
My friend in Japan drives a Honda Beat. Not sure if it's smaller than the Elise, but it's VERY cool. When I rode in it, I just wanted to put it in my pocket and take it home.
The Beat is smaller but it has a 660 cc engine. It might make 40hp. I can't remember if they are turbo but 660 cc engines usually are in cars over here.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Gasroth said:
But lets see it cornerin...eh?
If you believe the Tango guys, it actually handles really well since it has almost all of its weight around axle height.. all those batteries are most of the mass and they're hung low.

I wouldn't mind seeing a few more of these on the road. Last I checked (January) there was really only one existing, and the owners wanted $85k (!) for a kit:

http://commutercars.com/

Yep, still the same. I'm curious to see if they're back in LA for the auto show again trying to get deposits.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
The Tango business (marketing model) is nuts. They promote the car on how much money it can save you in parking.

Like some tightwad is buying an $80k+ commuter vehicle?

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
What does that little car want to be when it grows up?

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,806 Posts
What's it like in a strong cross wind?:huh:

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Randy Chase said:
The Tango business (marketing model) is nuts. They promote the car on how much money it can save you in parking.

Like some tightwad is buying an $80k+ commuter vehicle?
That's flawed thinking. I understand that parking commands a premium in CA and NE but with oil futures rising with no end in sight....the equation is sure to change.

·
Registered
12,195 Posts
babak said:
That's flawed thinking.
In mass production, the cost could come down significantly. I think their marketing is probably optimistically forward-thinking (when they can sell kits for 25k or so).

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I saw it in the LA car show in January this year. I agree with the assessment of the business model... they say its closest competition is A bike...

... so why not get a bike then? Get a goldwing. it's got more storage.

·
shay2nak
25,133 Posts
LOL! I love that parking job. Those headlights (97 honda civic) are too big and make the car cross-eyed.

·
Banned
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
the blue one dude....!!!!!!!

It has a really strong electric motor and has massive torque. Check out the site
www.commutercars.com

1 - 16 of 16 Posts