The Lotus Cars Community banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Day 2. Recently made my first trip out to Santa Barbara- nice place. Actually if time ran short, would spend more time there and drop Morro bay. Keep in mind this time of year it's going to be getting dark by 7pm. So the Big Sur, part make sure you take in the sights first and save dinner for the end. Weather wise- Oct is the best time for the central coast. Summer the marine layer may only burn off for a few hours in the afternoon.

Day 3. Sounds good.

Day4. Made it out to the Exploratorium, it cool but better suited for the kids I took. Golden Gate park on the other hand, they recently redid the Academy of Sciences and de Young and worth the stop. If you do go to the Exploratorium, the Place of Fine Arts, is right there and should be checked out. In crossing the Golden Gate bridge, Sausalito is a nice town to visit and have lunch.
Good stuff, may skip Morro and stop in SB then get to Pismo a bit later then keep going.

Day 4, think we will skip the Exploratorium, fiance said she heard it's for kids as well. She wants to do the MOMA in SF as well so we might do that instead. Probably going to book everything in the next few days so if any great ideas come up or anyone else sees this thread and thinks some of this stuff is a waste of time let me know!

Also must eat restaurants along the way or hotels reccomendations are much appreciated. I promise to post a ton of great photos when I get back.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Since you'll be in the area, why not stop by Laguna Seca. Just driving into and seeing the track is pretty cool. Just a few miles off HWY 1...

Cheers,
Skottoman

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
As promised, a few pics from the trip.

Ended up hitting Pismo Beach, Nepenthe, Monterey (17 mile, played golf at Pacific Grove), SF, Hearst Castle, San Diego (Torrey Pines, Gaslamp, Zoo, Balboa etc)

Attachments

41 - 43 of 43 Posts