The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Tire abuser
773 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I'm 6'1" and I fit in my Exige just fine, and my head clearance with a helmet is fine. My advice, go to Lotus dealer or reach out to your local Lotus community and try one on for size.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I'm 6'1" too. Tall rails worked for a helmet but we had to modify them some to get the angle ok for neck protector and so that my knees clear the roll cage.

All just fine now though. I am a bit long waisted for our height.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I'm 6'4, long torso/shortish legs and fit fine especially with the tall rails.

Get a micro mirror and remove the sun visor (although with the tall rails I could probably but the visor back on).

I definitely needed the tall rails to fit with a helmet.

I drove an Exige recently without the tall rails and was fine although I wouldn't be able to wear a helmet.

Once you learn a technique to get in and out it's easy but never graceful

·
Registered
678 Posts
i think you guys need to include your pants inseam length with your height. 5'10" 32" inseam

·
2005 Elise
139 Posts
6'1" 34" inseam with helmet and hard top I fit fine. I do have the stock seat all the way back.

·
Registered
945 Posts
6'1" 34" inseam with helmet and hard top I fit fine. I do have the stock seat all the way back.
Same height and inseam, same setup, no problems even with a big/cheap helmet. My car had a subwoofer behind the seat when I got it and that had to go immediately, but now that I can slide the seat back all the way it's comfortable.

More headroom than some of my other cars, honestly. Getting in and out with the hardtop on is a bit clown-tastic at first but you'll get used to it. With no roof, no problems!

·
Registered
765 Posts
6'2" with 32" inseam here. I fit fine using the TALLrails from Sector111

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I did a custom seat setup that lowered mine substantially. It's tight if you're long in the torso and want to wear a helmet. I fit ok now. I've got a freaky long torso though.

Thinking of selling mine if you want a low seated Elige.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm 6'5", use my elise SC everyday to and from work, and i dont find it at all awkward, once youve mastered fallign in and out. My torso is ion propotion to my legs @36". Given the elise was designed around the maximun body size of a european 95 percentile - which is a 6'5" european male = me, then the team did a great job to accomodate me.

That said, i dont where a helmet when driving, so this could be a concern.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.