The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thinking about Lotus Exige S, but really consider my height 187 cm (6'1").

1) What is your Height and car?
2) What about legs and head convenience?

Just wondering how I would fit in the Exige S.

Thank you

·
Tire abuser
773 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
I'm 6'1" and I fit in my Exige just fine, and my head clearance with a helmet is fine. My advice, go to Lotus dealer or reach out to your local Lotus community and try one on for size.

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
I'm 6'1" too. Tall rails worked for a helmet but we had to modify them some to get the angle ok for neck protector and so that my knees clear the roll cage.

All just fine now though. I am a bit long waisted for our height.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I'm 6'4, long torso/shortish legs and fit fine especially with the tall rails.

Get a micro mirror and remove the sun visor (although with the tall rails I could probably but the visor back on).

I definitely needed the tall rails to fit with a helmet.

I drove an Exige recently without the tall rails and was fine although I wouldn't be able to wear a helmet.

Once you learn a technique to get in and out it's easy but never graceful

·
Registered
676 Posts
i think you guys need to include your pants inseam length with your height. 5'10" 32" inseam

·
2005 Elise
139 Posts
6'1" 34" inseam with helmet and hard top I fit fine. I do have the stock seat all the way back.

·
Registered
945 Posts
6'1" 34" inseam with helmet and hard top I fit fine. I do have the stock seat all the way back.
Same height and inseam, same setup, no problems even with a big/cheap helmet. My car had a subwoofer behind the seat when I got it and that had to go immediately, but now that I can slide the seat back all the way it's comfortable.

More headroom than some of my other cars, honestly. Getting in and out with the hardtop on is a bit clown-tastic at first but you'll get used to it. With no roof, no problems!

·
Registered
765 Posts
6'2" with 32" inseam here. I fit fine using the TALLrails from Sector111

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I did a custom seat setup that lowered mine substantially. It's tight if you're long in the torso and want to wear a helmet. I fit ok now. I've got a freaky long torso though.

Thinking of selling mine if you want a low seated Elige.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm 6'5", use my elise SC everyday to and from work, and i dont find it at all awkward, once youve mastered fallign in and out. My torso is ion propotion to my legs @36". Given the elise was designed around the maximun body size of a european 95 percentile - which is a 6'5" european male = me, then the team did a great job to accomodate me.

That said, i dont where a helmet when driving, so this could be a concern.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I'm 6'5 and fit fine. My height is mostly my legs though. My right knee is right next to the shifter but I make it work. You'll be completely fine

·
Registered
88 Posts
6'3 - 34 inseam

I fit just fine

·
Registered
375 Posts
2006 Elise, 6-2' 205lbs

Looked at a video on youtube on how to get in and out of an Elise, it was very helpful.:)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts