The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I trying to do the Courses this year and would like some input and thought about courses, One would be what do you like to see, courses that look like mini road course with no "elements", Or would you all like "autocross" courses, this is what I like but it's not all about me.
Because we have track maps at the events it's hard to make course changes the day of the event, so at this event I'll be at my XR4ti and you all could come by and let me know what you want at the next event, Thanks

Ben

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Hey Ben- nice to see you on LotusTalk. For me variety is the spice of life. Like to see some of both (not necessarily in the same course).

Think we'll get much better feedback if we ask the autocross group via a mass email (over 400) Vs the 10-15 regulars you might find on LT.

knucklehead- don't recall if you made that event. But the cinnabons was a very popular element of one of the courses we ran a year or so ago.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
I like when the course figure 8s, obviously has to be early on so we can send another car out.

Maybe once a season do one long ways like they have done in the past, its a good mix, just make sure the course isn't too fast/short. Long ways - meaning start and end over by the porta-potties.

I don't like when there is more than 1 slalom, but then again, the whole course is kind of one big slalom

These are all personal opinions and I've never done another autox other than GGLC, so don't take me too seriously :)

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
i always like big sweepers where you really get to play with throttle steer and slip angles... long enough to realize you are doing it

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
knucklehead- don't recall if you made that event. But the cinnabons was a very popular element of one of the courses we ran a year or so ago.
I think there was one during one of your rain autocrosses that I went to. I had never done a cinnabon before. Crazy. But to be honest I didn't realize that's what they were called and thought Rahul just wanted sweet treats. :)

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
With the wireless units (working). We now have the flexibility to move the start and finish far apart. Giving us a wider range to work from.

Jacob- It's just a crazy nickname it picked up and has stuck.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
With the wireless units (working). We now have the flexibility to move the start and finish far apart. Giving us a wider range to work from..
Hadn't even thought about that...

·
Registered
528 Posts
I think there was one during one of your rain autocrosses that I went to. I had never done a cinnabon before. Crazy. But to be honest I didn't realize that's what they were called and thought Rahul just wanted sweet treats. :)
The map of that course is here:

Map

All the BMW and some of the lotus courses I have done over the years can be found in those galleries. Many of the lotus courses were never posted as Larry preferred to unveil them at the event vs post them a week in advance as the other club likes to do.

With a few tweaks, this would be a lot of fun in a lotus.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts