The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I wanna know what you think the best exhaust for the exige is in your opinion.
Second of all I'm trying to find a exhaust that fits my interests. I want something that has a good rumble but not too loud to wake up the neighborhood. Also I'm looking for a deep sound which seems rare with these four cylinder engines. Will someone lead me in the right direction please.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I'll throw a vote in for the BOE Silent Touch. Smooth refined tone, relatively quiet, not ricey at all.

Definitely don't do a blown-out Lotus/Janspeed Stage 3, mucho loud and very raspy.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I got the Larini dual side exit exhaust... just put it on a couple weeks back. From an idle, and very low rpms, you can barely tell a different. Very little to no drone on the highway. Sounds amazing once the second cam kicks in.

I just didn't want a stock (low and center) exit exhaust, and I'm too OCD about symmetry to get a single side exit exhaust.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
+1 for the BOE Silent Touch. I had a Larini Sport for four years and grew weary of it over time. The BOE has been on my car for about three years. It gets rave reviews from me, passengers and car enthusiasts for its deep and variable exhaust note...reasonable around town but it screams when you stand on it.

·
Registered
905 Posts
I got the Larini dual side exit exhaust... just put it on a couple weeks back. From an idle, and very low rpms, you can barely tell a different. Very little to no drone on the highway. Sounds amazing once the second cam kicks in.

I just didn't want a stock (low and center) exit exhaust, and I'm too OCD about symmetry to get a single side exit exhaust.
Same reasons I got my larini SE. Even with a decat now my SE sounds really good and didnt get too loud. A friend's s240 had a different exhaust and it literally shook my eardrums when you'd get on it. The larini makes all the nice sounding pops and burbles at the right times too imo. More cool noises with the decat on it too.

·
Wow Such Admin
6,932 Posts
Larini SE all the way. The exhaust exit above the diffusor just fits the car perfectly and looks like it should have come from the factory on the US cars. I loved the sound of mine, wasn't too loud, but had a good growl in the upper RPM's. May not be the best sounding, but definitely in my opinion is the best looking for the Elise/Exige.

·
Tire abuser
773 Posts
So sound is the #1 criteria? My supercharged Elise came with a 2Bular 6" x 15" center out. It sounded better than any Lotus I have heard (IMO). It was deep and mellow until up in the revs. The burbling on decel was fantastic. I burned the guts completely out at the track and now have the BOE ST (repackable). It sounds nice, but not like the 2bular did.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I've had both the Vision Function and 2bular's GT3. Both have the sound you're looking for, but at least the VF needs naked rear (too big otherwise). Good luck trying to buy the 2bular exhaust now, it's a giant headache, or at least was a while ago when Jim was having problems.

The VF is not really expensive but burned out after one track season. The GT3 is still on my car sounding good.

There are always tradeoffs.

·
Arch. Project Manager
1,093 Posts
I like the Larini club sport 6" exhaust, but I am still running the cat. If your going for quiet and deep the 8" has a nice subtle tone to it for everyday driving on the lower cam, but can scream when you open her up on the second cam!

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
I am also a big fan of the Silent Touch; Supercharged Lotus owners will appreciate the inexpensive rebuild. Otherwise, you are shelling out big bucks every time you toast a muffler.

·
Registered
07 Exige S
1,608 Posts
My recent experience ( approx 3 months ago ) working with Jim at 2bular was very pleasant and quick. Not a single problem reaching him, talking with him and the delivery was prompt.

I love the sound of my 2bular system, header,decat,exhaust.

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
2bular GT3, decat & headers. Nothing compares.

·
Cyberdyne Model 101
347 Posts
Gotta admit I love my Stage II / PPE Header / Test pipe combo. Is not for everyone tho

·
Registered
54 Posts
Just installed Top speed. Its loud but i love it. Cheep too.

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Larini SC (supercharged) sport exhaust .. Deep when you get on gas.. Tame when putting around town.. People ask if its a V8 ! Lol no drone really too looks like stock Exige s240 oval tip..no mods to rear!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I have a 2006 Exige, I really like the rear as it is stock with the paneling. The stock exhaust looks way too wimpy with the short pipes and rolled edges. I really like how the quicksilver exhaust looks and sounds, the tips are very sporty and sit perfectly so that they're visible but not protruding way past the diffuser. My only complaint or wish was that the piping to the tip would be the same through out, instead of going from a smaller diameter to larger tips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIlgE-6vG9w

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Heard them all. Nothing is as raw and loud as the Arqray. Not refined, but very metallic and hollow.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts