The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
I watched the video and after hearing you speak, I now want to go watch Game of Thrones again! :)

I can always appreciate craftsmanship and passion. That being said, you are going to get many mixed reviews on this one.

I'm certainly not aero and or track performance expert so I'll see what others chime in on regarding some of the mods.

Pardon me for saying, but it looks like everything just went way too far. The wing, the front scoops, the front splitter and diffuser - all look they took a specific function and just went cartoon Bosozuku style extreme with it. Was that the intent?

·
Registered
327 Posts
SwingLo, I think you've got the wrong idea. toaster has clearly taken the function over form approach with this build, its pretty obvious that he wasnt chasing an aesthetic goal. I still think the car looks great in a functional way, plus its very different.

good work on getting it done! have you had a chance to shake it down at the track yet?

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
SwingLo, I think you've got the wrong idea. toaster has clearly taken the function over form approach with this build, its pretty obvious that he wasnt chasing an aesthetic goal. I still think the car looks great in a functional way, plus its very different.

good work on getting it done! have you had a chance to shake it down at the track yet?

I guess that was my point - does the car offer significant FUNCTION to offset the over the top form?

I'm asking because I don't know. Do these cars NEED that much downforce/aero? The power output is not that high, so I can't imagine the function is needed?

Does it get to the point where the oversized bits actually cause more drag than the downforce gains get you?

Again, I'm asking because I just don't know and I'm curious.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.