The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this Zeitronix A/F logger has a narrowband output to sync up to the ECU as the new O2 sensor replaces the stock one.

Anyone know where I would connect this to the ECU? It only has one wire. Obviously the stock sensor has an entire harness dedicated to it since it sends back the info unprocessed.

Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
139 Posts
You will need to connect the narrowband output to the blue & yellow wire in the harness, assuming you are replacing the pre-cat O2 sensor.

The wires should be as follows on the pre-cat O2 sensor:

1. Blue/Yellow - Signal
  2. Blue/Red - Ground
  3. Green/Blue - Heater Ground
  4. Green/Slate - Power
On the post-cat O2 sensor:

1. Green/Yellow - Signal
  2. Blue/Red - Ground
  3. Purple/Blue - Heater Ground
  4. Green/Slate - Power
However, it looks like the ECU may be setup to know when the O2 sensor is warmed up/functioning by monitoring the power draw from the heater. When you completely disconnect the original O2 sensor, the ECU will assume the O2 sensor is broken, light the check engine light, and ignore the input from your new sensor. Therefore, it's probably best to tie the original O2 sensor to a safe place (remember, it gets hot) and leave it connected except for the signal wire, which you connect to your new sensor.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
I have my zeitronix setup so the ECU still uses the narrowband and the Wideband 02 is only used for monitoring purposes...

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
I would personally just use your OEM narrowband for your ECU to read it just to keep things simple and use the wideband for monitoring. Only time i would recommend that an ECU reads a wideband would be with a standalone.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
If you don't plan on having the zeitronix powered immediately after installing the bung, put a plug into the bung. The 02 sensor can get contaimated easily if you leave it in the pipe, but no power going thru it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts