The Lotus Cars Community banner

61 - 80 of 204 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Idle and few revs would be great. I'd love to hear it on the highway also with valves closed doing 75 mph to check for drone, but you don't have to go all out. Maybe just share your impressions of how it sounds on the highway after youve driven it a few days? I know Slide says there is no drone which is good to hear, would be good to hear your perspective too.

Just context on why I'm asking - I am getting the car dynamatted - floor pans, rear firewall, rear seat area because that's how much I like a quiet car on the highway. I enjoy driving with windows down and listening to a sporty exhaust around town, but on highway, I like the car to settle down and be out of the way. I have done exhausts on previous cars I have owned and always regretted the ones that introduce drone at steady revs.
I'll try to get a few videos this weekend. I can get the idle and revs for sure, the driving will depend on the weather. I cant imagine that there would be any drone since we are still utilizing the factory exhaust.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Here's a video of the decat pipe at idle in the different exhaust modes and some Revs. I don't have one on the road yet. weather is still rainy again today.

Check out the description in the video for which mode the exhaust is in at the different times in the video.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Here's a video of the decat pipe at idle in the different exhaust modes and some Revs. I don't have one on the road yet. weather is still rainy again today.

Check out the description in the video for which mode the exhaust is in at the different times in the video.

Thanks Shadow, that sounds good!

·
Registered
207 Posts
OK, thanks to slide and shadow, I have ordered the Amazon parts and will try to do this in the next week or so! Will post back when done.

·
Vendor
1,218 Posts
Resurrecting an old thread here.
We will have bolt on decat pipes available for the 400 in a week or two!
Flanges are being machined this week and the fixture is being made.
All stainless construction, Tig welded, direct bolt on.
Pm or email if you would like to reserve one!
[email protected].

·
Vendor
1,218 Posts
Thanks for all the interest!
First article is taking a little longer than expected but will be done this week.
We will verify fitment, shoot some videos and post pricing and start taking orders for these.

The v-band/clamp flange is no ordinary off the shelf flange so that is part of the delay- --we are machining these from stainless to match up with the stainless exhaust tubing.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks for all the interest!
First article is taking a little longer than expected but will be done this week.
We will verify fitment, shoot some videos and post pricing and start taking orders for these.

The v-band/clamp flange is no ordinary off the shelf flange so that is part of the delay- --we are machining these from stainless to match up with the stainless exhaust tubing.
Can't wait to get my hands on one. I'm pumped someone has finally started putting out products for the 400. GRP for the win :clap::clap::clap:

·
Vendor
1,218 Posts
61 - 80 of 204 Posts