The Lotus Cars Community banner

81 - 100 of 204 Posts

·
Vendor
1,218 Posts
Quick update--
Materials have arrived and the first 12 decats will be fabbed up asap. Likely shipping out middle of next week.
We will do a second batch of 12 starting next week as well.
Thank you everyone for the orders!

·
Vendor
1,218 Posts
Hi Guys,
Sorry for the longer than expected wait time on these.
The fab shop we use isnt big by any means and they got a bit overloaded with a job for Tesla.
Everyone's Decat is headed out the door today though!

We were very pleased with the finish/weld quality on these when we picked them up.

Attachments

·
Illegal Alien
4,715 Posts
Hi Guys,
Sorry for the longer than expected wait time on these.
The fab shop we use isnt big by any means and they got a bit overloaded with a job for Tesla.
Everyone's Decat is headed out the door today though!

We were very pleased with the finish/weld quality on these when we picked them up.
Looks great. I'll keep an eye out on package.

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
I havent even seen my car yet but this thread convinced me to get one of these. Dealer already has a Larini exhaust coming for car so figured I might as well have him install this at same time.

·
Illegal Alien
4,715 Posts
Just received mine, looks nice .. beautiful weld. looks like machined after. Weight = 2.6#'s

·
Registered
236 Posts
Agree with the product being very nicely done!

Let me know how your installs go, please. The straight cut end was a little flared on mine and won't slip into the OE exhaust so I'm going to have to slowly circumferentially tap it with a hammer it to neck it down to size. FYI OE cat weighed 5.99lbs, decat pipe weighs just less than 3lbs on my scale.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I installed my GRP decat yesterday. It wasn’t bad. I used a screwdriver to open the pipe on the muffler side. I took the muffler off (4 hanger screws), enlarged the opening, and used a rubber mallet to coerce the new pipe into place.
The difference in sound is immediately noticeable. It definitely has a more raw sound to it. I can’t wait to get it out on the road!

81 - 100 of 204 Posts