The Lotus Cars Community banner
81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
1985 Turbo Esprit with HCI mods & intercooler
25 Posts
That's beautiful work. I'm going to play around with fitting the Wilwood rear brake to the '85 hub carrier. Did you fabricate the hub spacer, or is that available off-the-shelf?

And BTW, what transaxle is in the car?

·
Registered
276 Posts
That's beautiful work. I'm going to play around with fitting the Wilwood rear brake to the '85 hub carrier. Did you fabricate the hub spacer, or is that available off-the-shelf?

And BTW, what transaxle is in the car?
Thanks. The hub spacer is off the shelf, however, the center insert (used to precisely locate the rotor and wheel) was fabricated by me and pressed fit into the hub spacer.

The transaxle is an Audi 016 from an old Audi 5000 with a LSD from a Porsche 944 and a few other parts to increase the load capacity.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
woops, scratch the first picture - went with a twin piston caliper in the rear rather than the four piston
Awesome! Why did you change from 4 piston to 2 piston? Balance? I ask because I have the Hi Spec 4 piston on the rear of my car now.

Also I am using the built in E brake with pad lets. I hear terrible things. It took me a while to get it adjusted. But now it works fine. I have not used it on many hills yet. How are you finding the parking brake?

81 - 85 of 85 Posts